Evolving technology calls for an evolving health care workforce
Indiana is at the forefront of a national movement toward health information technologies (HIT) that promise to advance the quality of patient care, reduce costs, increase data security and improve coordination between physicians and hospitals. But Indiana also faces a significant shortage of skilled health care and IT professionals able to understand, apply and manage these emerging technologies.
That’s where you come in
Take advantage of one of our five one-year graduate certificate programs or our two-year master’s program, each designed to develop much-needed and qualified health IT leaders for private and public health care organizations. These training programs include:
- Certificate in Clinical Informatics (Clinician Leader)
- Certificate in Informatics for Public Health Professionals (Public Health Leader)
- Certificate in Informatics in Health Information Management and Exchange (Health Information Management Exchange Specialist)
- Certificate in Informatics in Health Information Security (Health Information Privacy and Security Specialist)
- Certificate in Informatics in Health Information Systems Architecture (Programmer and Software Engineer)
Qualified applicants must hold a four-year or advanced degree from an accredited institution and may include the following:
- Physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and other practicing clinicians
- Health care administrators
- IT or computer science professionals
- Health researchers and informaticians
- Others with interest and background in health care or IT
Note: Students accepted into the program must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.00, with a grade of a B- or better in all individual coursework. Students who started the certificate program prior to the fall of 2011 must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.00, with a C or better in all individual coursework.
Training is fast and convenient
Programs are designed with the busy professional in mind. Many courses are available online, with two certificates (Health Information Management and Exchange and Clinician Leader) available entirely online.